Simple, Safe and Efficient Interactive Software
Charcoal is a programming language project. Its defining characteristics are:
- Charcoal is a C dialect
- Mostly source-compatible with C
- Calling C from Charcoal and vice-versa works with minimal fuss
- Follows the "C philosophy"
- Charcoal makes the design and implementation of interactive/reactive/asynchronous/concurrent software more accessible to application programmers
Charcoal is currently in a very early stage of development. As of this writing the Charcoal implementation is very incomplete, though progress is brisk.
- The short version of why Charcoal is different and interesting
- Some examples
- Concurrency concepts
- Concurrency implementation
- Charcoal implementation
- "Frequently" asked questions